Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pretty Vintage Quilt

When I asked my niece what she wanted for her 21st birthday I wasn't expecting her to say a quilt. She asked for a quilt that was "pretty" or "vintage". I loved the idea of trying a vintage quilt.
It is made up of about 80% vintage fabric, one fabric from spotlight and some Jeniffer Paganelli fabrics. I made it big enough so that it can be folded at the end of her queen size bed.
Thank you Jennie for giving me some of the fabrics, I still owe you a parcel which I haven't forgotten about. There was no way I was going to be able to find all those vintage fabrics without a bit of help!
I was so happy with how it turned out - I think it looks both vintage and pretty!

11 comments:

Lea said...

Absolutely stunning. No doubt it will be cherished. So cheery and I love the mix of old and new fabrics.

Rachel said...

beautiful quilt. from a new follower xx

sweet emmelie said...

ever so pretty!!!

Glennie said...

Gorgeous!

Cat said...

It is incredibly pretty
I LOVE it xxx

Kat said...

That's gorgeous! I love the colours. I am nearly finished my quilt for Squishy. It is my first big quilt so I am a bit excited. I have only made one quilt before this and it was tiny. Like big enough for a pram or car seat. This is one is cot sized so I am slowly working my way up.

Fay said...

It's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

AMAZING! Love all the materials, the colours, the flowers. Just perfect!

gardenglut said...

Love these colours! Well done!

Karen said...

This is really beautiful Stacey, and a fabulous thoughtful gift.

Sophie said...

It's lovely Stace!!!