Thursday, March 13, 2014

Loving Crochet Right Now

I'm so in love with crochet right now! 
On Tuesday I visited my friend Sophie and we spent the day crocheting and drinking tea - how lovely is that!
At Sophie's house I made my first granny square, and I have to say that I loved using cotton yarn. I have been avoiding cotton because when I first started to crochet I found the strands would unwind and I didn't like the way it looked. But now it looks fine, perhaps because I am more competent or perhaps because the yarn is better quality? Have you had that problem? 
I am going to make a cushion cover with them for my lounge as i'm trying to brighten things up around here. But I've run out of the colours I like so I need to wait until Deramores have their next sale, I can't bare to pay full price when I know it's often at 20% off.
I'm thinking about making some sort of catalogue for the wool I'm using too. I thought that might be a good idea to keep track of wools in case I run out or really like one, that way I'll know which one it was and where I got it from. Do you catalogue your wool? I would love you to tell me how you do it.
So to keep me busy I am making little flowers to make a garland to hang somewhere in my home. Not sure where just yet. I found the pattern here and they are lovely and simple to make. 

4 comments:

Leonie said...

ooo they look lovely! those flowers are so pretty - well done you!

Sophie said...

so pretty!!! Loved having you over! Nice new blog header too xx

Kat said...

I am crocheting a lot at the moment too. I'm making a blanket to use up some scrap yarn. Then I have plans to make Imogen and baby #2 a blanket each for the stroller before it gets too cold around here.

Leanne M said...

These look so beautiful, love the colours. I hope you don't mind, I have pinned one of your images and linked to your page.