Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back But Busy

Hello there, it's been a while...I'm sorry it has been hectic here.
Mmm look at that Amy Butler fabric, we don't have fabric shops like this in NZ (well not that I know of anyway). I am happy to report that I now have a selection of these.

Melbourne was great! I loved the atmosphere, shops and restaurants. I didn't love dealing with my sick baby who had conjunctivitis and then reacted to his eyes drops and I definitely don't love my credit card bill!

As for being busy...well the next five weeks are going to be CRAZY!
I feel a bit sick when I think about it. I don't even know where to begin to tell you what I am up to.
I have all three of my children's birthdays within six weeks of each other, and the first birthday party is next weekend. I have soo much to do, I have gone with a fairy craft party theme. And can't even sit down for two minutes to think about where I am with that. Fortunately I made my niece her costume to wear a few weeks ago, so that's one big thing done.
Then I have a homestay family (Mum, Dad and three year old) from Taiwan coming to stay with us for two weeks.
In the middle of that I have my sons first Birthday to plan and prepare.
And if you're thinking that's not too bad - you can do it!
Well here's the cruncher...we've sold our house! I didn't want to get too excited until it was for certain but after 15 long working days we finally went unconditional last Thursday. As part of that deal we have to get a final inspection done on our downstairs shower, so a lot of extra stress there.
And we've found a house, which we go unconditional on this week (by the way unconditional means it's a legal binding agreement - no backing out).
I am a bit sad about moving, I really do love my little house. I keep comparing it to cars. Can you imagine having a mini that you love, your family of five, can fit in it and get around, but it's obviously too small. Well we're trading in our mini for a transit van. Nothing cute or charming about it, but we all fit in with room to move!
If you saw my basement you're head would spin - we have so much junk - honestly I feel sick when I think about it.
And most importantly I have my polka dot dot swap :) I have two partners, and I know what I want to do, but I'm really nervous to make them in case my sewing skills fail me. I need to complete and post by this Wednesday. I always have been one to work to deadlines - literally!
So there you go - if you've read to here, thank you! Sorry for going on to you, I appreciate having blogging friends to share these things with.
I better go, I like to blog when my baby is screaming himself off to sleep, (that sounds terrible doesn't it?), but it helps me switch off, it so heart breaking to listen to. He's a real tough cookie my youngest. After months of the sleep progamme, he can still cry for 30 minutes until he falls off to sleep. But now finally silence - whew! Master K away for night, Little Miss B with daddy at the movies, Baby J finally asleep, and me where shall I begin hhmmm.....

7 comments:

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Welcome home Stacey! Gosh, I need to sit down and have a cuppa just reading what you have got on!! Advice from one crazy busy mumma to another, look after yourself first. Happy wife, happy life! Fingers crossed with all the house stuff xox

Kat said...

Welcome home! Good to see you had fun in Melbourne. I am hoping to get down there again sometime soon. Especially before I finish uni and have to get a real job. I just finished my swap stuff yesterday. I can't wait to post it and see if my partner likes it.

Kelly said...

Glad you had a great time in Melbourne. Wow your life sounds crazy at the moment but I am sure you will get through it. Good luck with all the house stuff. I posted my swap items on Friday and I can't wait for my partner to get them :)

bubbachenille said...

Wo Stacey, slow down you sound like me! Have you checked my blog..? It must be the season for these things!,

Unknown said...

Breathe in , breathe out aaah !You are good , I'd be going off ! Take care .

Nat Palaskas said...

Hope all will goes well at the end. Glad you had a good time in Melbourne, but sorry to hear that baby J wasn't well. I enjoyed my Polka dot swap, thanks for organising it - X♥X♥

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Sounds like you are one busy person! I didn't see anywhere to post this, so hope it's ok to post here. I have mailed and received my Polka Dot Daze swap. I will be posting about this at my blog, A View of my Life. Have a great day!

Sherrie
http://splummer-aviewofmylife.blogspot.com/2009/07/polka-dot-daze-swap.html